Monday, May 3, 2010

Malaysia - Australia Connection Day 1

On the 13th April of the year 2010,my ICT class had been given a chance to communicate with the students of Year 11 ITC class of Hawkesdale P12 College.With the invention of skype and illuminate,this was made possible.I was very honored and grateful to be in this class because not many students were given a golden chance like this.When my friends and I entered the computer lab of our school :-


1)We downloaded javascript in order for illuminate to work but the internet was slow so it took quite a while to download.While downloading javascript,my friends and I introduced ourselves to the Australian students through skype through Mr Zainuddin's(Our ICT teacher) laptop.When I first saw the Australian students,I was shy and tried to hide behind my friends but all of them including Mr Zainuddin chose me to do the introduction and I was the first to introduce myself.

2)After we downloaded Javascript,we logged into Illuminate.I could see a white board with a lot of drawings.

3)We tried to communicate but some of our microphones were not working properly.

4)Unfortunately,the bell of the Australian student's school rang so they had to go.

We had encountered a lot of technical difficulties but we hope this won't happen again.I believe this was an great chance to communicate with the people from other countries and make new friends.We will be going to have conferencing again the following Tuesday.Can't wait.

Our introduction board also known as wallwisher :-




Our pictures during the conferencing and by the way , I am the guy with the blue name tag.


Our view of the Australia students from Malaysia :-








No comments:

Post a Comment